Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Doing my best

Having spent years as a complainer, a quibbler, a kvetch-er and a real and true doom and gloomer, it is hard to take the high road while surrounded by people who find fault with even the best of intentions.There are a lot of things I enjoy about my job, including some wonderful people. That being said, some of my coworkers have the habit of complaining about every little thing. It's a pretty nonstop soundtrack to my day and it's hard to listen to.  For a few years now, with varying degrees of success, I have been putting in the work to be a better me. And it is a hard won battle, every damn day.
It doesn't come easy for me, I was raised at an altar of complaints. But I'm putting in the work and making progress and it's getting easier. Of course there are days I find myself caught up in the bitch session, but those days are fewer and further between. The important thing is I am doing my best and staying above the fray.
I have to laugh as I wonder if this is the universe's way of testing me, of making sure I am up to the challenge of being a better me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment