Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Let it be

An old friend was coming to visit, one I hadn't seen in a few years. It had already been an eventful day having spent the afternoon with yet another old friend - one I hadn't seen in 29 years! So, feeling a bit flushed, I decided to go meditate for awhile to calm my brain.

My husband had put on an old Springsteen album in the basement and I could hear it's muted songs in the bedroom. This music had been a soundtrack to my life, and I knew all the words by heart. I lay on the bed in the coolness and I listened to my breath. I struggled to find my focus, find my centre, surrender to my breath. After awhile I felt the slip and I was in. Utter relaxation, a pure peacefulness encompassed me. I lay watching the light swirl inside my eyelids, morphing and rolling. For a moment a thought of "is this bad?", and then in another beat "what if this is good? just let it be."

Not soon after, my eyes were opened and I write this refreshed. I wish the same for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment