Sunday, January 01, 2017

Obligatory New Year's Day post

I spent  my new year's day doing things that I hope will set the tone for the entire year.
We went and visited some friends and family we weren't able to see during the holidays.
I learned a new crochet stitch and started a small project project for myself. It's a scarf I'm rather excited about...
I set a long term goal that will accomplish a few things for me. I'm going to crochet one granny square every day, so I can finally make that afghan I've been lusting over for years. This will also allow me to work through my stash of yarn, something I've been working towards for the past year. And I'm hoping it will feel good to have a small accomplishment every day.

None of these things are anything extraordinary. But they highlight some important intentions for me. Kindness, learning and goal completion.

And of course there's the fact that I wrote today. Actually wrote, instead of just thinking about it. I haven't written in months, for a variety of reasons. I made multiple promises to myself that I would hope back on the blogging wagon and I kept none of them. C'est la guerre.

I don't know why it's so hard for me to do this consistently. I can't pinpoint my inner resistance, but I can keep trying to figure it out. I'm determined to make this the best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment